1. GM original software is compatible.
GM MDI 2 Multiple Diagnostic Interface without Software HDD
2. High-quality Vauxhall/Opel dealer diagnostic interface, used with Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software.
3. For all GM CHEVROLET BUICK CADILLAC GMC HUMMER PONTIAC SAAB Vauxhall/Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2022.
GM MDI II Highlights:
High speed and low-speed GMLAN
Automatic vehicle recognition
DTC reading and removal
Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
Recordable/playback of live data
New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, airbag, fuel pumps, etc.,)
Programming new keys
Setting/removing speed limiters
More dealer specific functions
GM original software is compatible
GM Tech2 Supported Protocols: UART, Class 2, KWP2000,GMLAN (CAN)
Supports online programming function with GM SPS Subscription
J2534 pass-thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
1. Connect via usb, can not connect via wired network
2. The GM MDI2 is without software, if you need software hdd, please choose item SP163-S1.
3. When you test after 2010 year gm car, you can use gm gds2 software:
4. When you want to test before 2010 year GM car, you can use the tech2win software to test it, run fast and stable
5. For FD CAN protocol, the original GM MDI2 Scanner is recommended.
GM MDI2 Software HDD laptop request:
It can not use in D630 and X200 laptop.
It is suitable for laptop built after 2008, such as E6420, T420, EVG7 ect.
GM MDI Multiple Diagnostic Interface 2 Description:
WIFI Version for all GM CHEVROLET BUICK CADILLAC GMC HUMMER PONTIAC SAAB Vauxhall/Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2017.
GM MDI 2 is the Multi Diagnostics Interface works as the high-quality Vauxhall/Opel dealer diagnostic interface, used with Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software on a new laptop,
for the full dealer level diagnostics and programming for Vauxhall/Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2017.
GM MDI 2 Functions:
* Automatic vehicle recognition
* DTC reading and removal
* Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
* Recordable / playback of live data
* New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
* Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, air bag, fuel pumps etc.,)
* Programming new keys
* Setting / removing speed limiters
* J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
* More dealer specific functions
The J2534 Configuration Application
The Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) is a J2534 device that connects between your computer and the vehicle’s J1962 DLC connector for pass-thru
programming of the vehicle’s ECU’s. The J2534 Configuration Application is installed onto your PC at the same time as the MDI Manager software allowing you to control how your TIS 2 Web application will connect to an MDI.
In addition, this application provides API Monitoring controls to aid in investigating problems encountered while using any J2534 devices (including the MDI).
To launch the J2534 Configuration Application from SPS, press the “configuration” button on the Diagnostic settings screen.
Check Engine Compartment for components which may be loose; kinked or pinched vacuum hoses or electrical connections, and for any other missing or disconnected components.
Check to assure that hoses and electrical wires are properly routed to provide sufficient clearance with adjacent moving or hot parts.
Observe the movement or freedom of movement of linkage, valves and other components.
Check for unusual noises within the engine compartment.
Visually inspect for seepage and leaks at hoses and pipe connections, seals, gaskets and plugs.
Tighten clamps and connectors as necessary.
Check power steering gear, lines and hoses for leaks and clearance with adjacent panels, moving or hot parts. Tighten clamps and connectors as necessary.
Test engine coolant protection.
Check all fluid levels; engine oil, transmission oil, power steering oil, battery, brake, and cooling system.
Add inspection items as needed
Check throttle linkage for freedom at wide open and closed throttle.
Check tension on all belts.
Check operation of all interior and exterior lights;
Road test on a route with road conditions permitting the proper evaluation of squeaks and rattles.
During this test, check the following items for proper operation and function;
Visually inspect vehicle undercarriage for looseness, missing components and line routing and clipping, and fluid leaks. – Tighten clamps, couplings and connectors as necessary.
Data transfer and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reprogramming
Shop network communications (LAN and WLAN)
Future expandability, including diagnostic applications
What protocols does the GM MDI 2 support?
For immediate use — At present, vehicles have two buses on the 16 pin connector
(high speed and low speed GMLAN). The GM MDI communicates using all of the existing GM protocols, the same as the GM Tech2:
- Class 2
- GMLAN (CAN)
Beginning with the 2008 model year vehicles, Pass-Thru will be the only programming method available. (Remote will continue to be available for previous vehicle)
GM MDI 2 PCB Display:
Difference Between Original MDI 2 and China MDI2:
GM MDI2 Clone Review:
||GM MDI2 (Original)
||GM MDI 2 (Clone)
||Original from Dealer
||Good,it is relief
||Update via CD
||You can try MDI2 software on any possible systems
||ONLY Win 7 64 bit
|Tech 2 Win
||Yes,SPS programming for existing and future SGM Vehicle
||Yes,done by TISWeb-SPS
|Hidden Function Reflashing
||Vauxhall Opel, Buick, Chevrolet1996-2017-future
||all Vauxhall/Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2017
Cars tested- success & failure list:
1: SAAB 9-5, 2003, 3.0 TID- works
mine is a clone from China.
MDI Software 22.214.171.124
SAAB NAO V9.250
Simply pressed OK when Candy detected and all worked.
Tested on SAAB 9-5, 2003, 3.0 TID
2: 2014 model - works
SAAB NAO V9.250 is from 2014. Already tested.
2003 year too old - not interesting for me.
3: Saab 9-5, 2003, 3.0 - works
Tested by my own, works with Saab 9-5, 2003, 3.0
Online or offline issues:
1: online - good, offline - bad
GM MDI good, interface works online.
update mdi 100%.
offline too bad for new cars.
2: wifi card compatible
at now, Chinese clone GM MDI with squ wifi card
3: wifi not working but works well with USB
I bought a cheap one and it only worked with usb. The wired network and wifi did not work. In fact, the card flash socket was missing from the board. Build quality was not to bad. I just use it to flash newer pcm/ecm's.
GM MDI 2 Package List:
1pc x MDI device
1pc x DLC Cable SAE J1962
1pc x 10-ft. USB A to USB B Cable
1pc x Ethernet Cable
2022 Original Autel New Arrivals-Ship from EU/UK No Tax
Original Launch X431 Tool With 2 Year Free Update--Ship from EU/UK No Tax
Top Brand Products
Shipping Method and Delivery Time:
1. UK & Czech Warehouse Shipping: 3-5 working days. Fast Delivery & VAT/Tax Free.
[Ship from UK] For UK customers only, 2-5 days shipping by Royal Mail or UPS
[Ship from Czech] For European countries, ship by DHL or GLS, 3-5 days delivery.
2. DHL Shipping: Suitable for customers worldwide. Will take 5-7 working days.
If your address belongs to remote area, will need to pay remote handling cost. Please remember to leave message if you have any special requirement.
3. Yanwen Express: TAX Free for European Countries. Will take 10-15 working days normally.
4. Order Under 130EUR normally with default shipping standard post, customers can tick for premium delivery to choose ship by DHL.
5. Customers can also choose UPS, TNT FedEx or EMS if you prefer.
How to Set GM MDI II GM MDI2 Wifi Connection