New GM Tech 2 diagnostic tool with multi-languages, TIS2000 Programming CD, CANDI interface, update via 32MB Card, multi-car model software to choose. One GM Tech II Scanner can be used on all GM vehicle applications.
Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner For GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/Holden with TIS2000 Software
GM Tech2 Highlights:
1. Multi-langauge: English, Italian, French, Portuguese, German, Spainish, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese
2. Update: via 32MB Software Card, when there is newer version, you can just buy new card to update
3. Support Car Models: GM, SAAB, Opel, Suzuki, Isuzu, Holden
4. Year Coverage of Diagnosis: From 1992 to 2013, With Help of gm tech2 Tis2000 Software, It Can Do Programming
Tech2 for GM Software Version:
||CAN-BUS support car models 2006-2010
||K-line support car models from 1996 to 2011
||Only Support North American Holden vehicles
GM Tech2 Description:
GM Tech2 is the same tester GM Technicians use to diagnose GM vehicles. The Vetronix Tech 2 comes with Authentic GM software and provides support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2011.
GM Tech2 Features:
1) Authentic GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2011.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface; you will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter. Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
Tech2 CANDI Module Support Following GM Vehicles
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
Tips on Using GM Tech 2:
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
GM Tech2 Connection with Candi interface:
GM Tech2 Connection without CANDI Interface:
1. It Can Only Support 12V Cars, No Trucks
2. One Device only Has One 32MB Card As Default, If You Want do more vehicles, Please Buy Additional 32MB Memory Card
3. The TIS2000 software cd coming with this package by default only support programming for GM cars, if you want to SAAB programming, you can buy SAAB TIS2000 software c
1) Dimensions: 12
2) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
3) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
4) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
5) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
GM Tech2 Package List:
Tech-2 Flash Tester
32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Applications
CAN diagnostic interface module(Candi) and instruction sheet download (199.2 kb)
RS232 cable and user manual
DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
SAE 16/19 Adapter
NAO 12/19 Adapter
Battery Power Cable
Original Xhorse 4% Off Automatically, Ship from EU/UK NO TaxAutel IM508+XP400 Pro Support Same IMMO Function as Autel IM608 ProTop Brand Products
TIS 2000 CD
GM Tech 2 components display:
if you buy 32 MB PCMCIA Card with Suzuki software, here is the note for Suzuki card,
when you open the GM Tech-2 PRO Kit With CANDI Interface with the Suzuki card, the screen is dark for operating, how to solve this problem?
1. open GM Tech-2 PRO Kit, enter it ;
2. choose F1 BUTTON;
3. choose F1 BUTTON;
4. press "shift" on the table, and you will see that the light is on;
5. then you press up or down to change the screen brightness.
Difference Between GM tech 2 serials and GM MDI
GM Tech II FAQ:
||GM Tech 2 SP23, SP23-B, SP23-B3, SP23-C
||GM MDI SP163
||GM-English, German, Spanish , Japanese, French, Thai , Portuguese, Korean
OPEL-English, Italian , German,Spanish
|Multi-language: English, French, German, Japanese, Italian and so on.
Total 30 languages to choose.
||Via 32MB Software Card
||can not update
||no need active
||cannot plug original software card, but can support original program
||can support software from original factory
||no need connect to the PC
||Win XP only
||no need connect to the PC
||can not connect to the internet then install the software, because once connect internet, it will remind you update the software
|Support Car Model
||Cannot support truck, only for cars, Support all GM systems 1992 thru current year. such as GM/ SAAB/ OPEL/ SUZUKI/ ISUZU/HOLDEN
||MDI can test all GM car from 1990-2012 year.
||support reprogramming, but need to use with TIS2000 together
||support offline program,such as chevrolet,opel, but not for all cars
Q: Can this product do coding?
A: Yes,it can do. With TIS2000 software, it can program GM cars before 2007.
Q: Does it include one 32 mb card, or i have to buy so22-c again?
A: the item sp23-1 includes one 32 mb card, you can choose which software you need, and if you need extra 32 mb cards, you can buy so22-c and choose other software you need.
Q: Can GM Tech2 send commands to the various modules and is it able to do diagnostics on a climate control programmer?
To what year is the scanner effective? I own a 1997 Cadillac DeVille and a 2001 Chevrolet Venture.
A: Yes, you can use GM TECH2 to diagnose climate control programmer, when it has communication GM Tech2 can send commands to the modules.
Q: Can it do key coding and control unit programming for all Opel and Isuzu?
A: GM TECH 2 can't do key coding, but can diagnose for most Opel and Isuzu from 1992-2011
Q: Does it support for K-LINE?
A: Yes, it does
Q: GM TECH2 one button doesn't work how to fix?
A: If you have new version GM tech2, there are two ways to solve:
1) we send you a new button to replace;
2) please send back to repair.
If you have old version GM tech2 installed with the newest software, the button maybe won't work.
Q: After receiving GM TECH2, I got some errors.
A: If it is Blue screen, just replace the Blue Screen Chip. If it is not the problem of Blue screen, please send us the self-test report to check where the problem is; have no idea on how to operate self test? Refer the self-test manual at GM TECH2 "technical support / service".
Q: Does gm tech2 work 2007 Cadillac Escalade?
A: The software car list includes the Cadillac model.
Q: It can clear the fault code on Saab 2005 1.9 TDi
A: Yes, it can do this
Q: Can GM Tech2 read VIN?
A: Yes, it can do.
Q: Does gm tech2 do Hummer H3?
A: Yes, it does. GM Tech2 can do diagnose for Hummer h3 model.
Q: Can gm tech2 do airbag resetting for Chev Tahoe 2007?
A: Yes, it can do airbag reset for this model.
1. How to Use GM Tech2
How to disable GM, SAAB DRL with Tech2
2. How to get GM TECH2 CANdi module to work?
Many people want to disable the day running light for fuel economy or other reasons, me included. Here I have figured out a simple way to reset it completely on my 1999 GM and my daughters 2004 SAAB with GM Tech2 scanner from my friend. This takes about 5 minutes from start to finish and will completely disable your automatic headlights so they will never come on. But all of the lights will function correctly. They just would not be automatic anymore.
Tools you will need:
GM Tech2 scanner for GM and SAAB
32MB PCMCIA Card for Tech2
A SAAB car (Here take my daughters 2004 SAAB for example)
How to Use GM Tech2
Insert the 32MB card into Tech2
Run Tech2 diagnostic tool
Go to Diagnostic Mode
Select Diag >2003 >9-3 Sport Select Body>Exterior Lighting and Horn
Low beam adjustments
F0. Auto Low Beam also in Pos 0
Change setting to NO
Wait several seconds until the lights flicker and go out
Go to Fog Lights Front
Change to Position 1 & 2 ROW (Rest of World) Program and Exit
This will give you:
Pos 0 > No Lights
Pos1 > Fogs and 5 Watt Headlamp / Parking Light
Pos3 > Low Beam, High Beam, Manual Control of Fogs
How to get GM TECH2 CANdi module to work?
The Candi Module should not plugged into your GM TECH2 unless you're working on a later car ..generally 2005 plus. Olders car from 96 should NOT have the Candi Module attached.
OBD I only has 1 ground, so 12 pin adapter connects signal and chassis ground to the Tech 2 cable.
OBD II has chassis and signal ground and they are connected in the cars wiring.
How I was trying to get GM TECH2 CANdi module to work:
Nothing on CANdi end of cable.
Boot screen not showing CANdi present, diagnostics for CANdi says it isn't seen.
Here I connected OBD I adapter to end of CANdi cable:
OBD I adapter connected.
CANdi module shows up at boot screen.
Green LED flashes about once every second.
Diagnostic screens for CANdi now present. Hit ENTER, 4, 7 to get to this screen.
Self Test Results.
The weird looking screen is because I have not removed the protective plastic yet.