GM Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner
GM Tech II Device highlights:
1. Multi-langauge: English, Italian, French, Portuguese, German, Spainish, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese
2. Last software available, please check software list in below description
3. Update via 32MB Card, no pc need, you just need plug the 32MB Card to your tech 2 device, it is ok
4. Have wide coverage of GM, SAAB, Opel, Suzuki, Isuzu, Holden(1992-2013) in the markets
5. TIS2000 Programming CD included, support GM programming till 2007
Tips on using GM Tech2:
1. Tech2 interface only work on cars, no trucks available
2. You are only available to choose one software card in this package, if you need more, you need buy additional GM Tech2 32MB Memory card
3. When diagnosing, GM Tech2 main unit doesn't need to connect with computer.
4. GM Tech2 Scanner User manual, Tech 2 main unit self-test, CANDI interface Self-set, RS232 Cable self-test, Button self-test manual
GM Tech2 Description:
The Tech-2 is the same tester GM Technicians use to diagnose GM vehicles. The Vetronix Tech 2 comes with Authentic GM software and provides support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2013.
Vetronix GM Tech 2 Specifications
2.Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
3.Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
4.Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
5.Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once. Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 MB)
GM Tech2 Features
1) Authentic GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface; you will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter. Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
GM Tech2 Software Version:
GM-English 32.002 1991-2013
GM-Germany 32.002 1991-2013
OPEL-English 165 1997-2011
OPEL-Italian 133.001 1997-2012
OPEL-Germany 85.001 1997-2008
OPEL-Spanish 91.001 1997-2009
ISUZU-English 107.021 2006-2010
HOLDEN-English 149.000 1999-2013
The Following GM Vehicles Utilize The CAN Interface
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
How to connect GM Tech II Scan Tool with CANDI Interface:
How to connect GM Tech 2 Diagnostic Interface without CANDI interface:
GM Tech2 Package List:
Tech-2 Flash Tester
32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Applications
CAN diagnostic interface module(CANDI) and instruction sheet download (199.2 KB)
RS232 cable and user manual
DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
SAE 16/19 Adapter
NAO 12/19 Adapter
Battery Power Cable
TIS 2000 CD
Difference between GM tech 2 serials and GM MDI
|Content||GM Tech 2 SP23, SP23-B, SP23-B3, SP23-C||GM MDI SP163|
|Language||GM-English, German, Spanish , Japanese, French, Thai , Portuguese, Korean
OPEL-English, Italian , German,Spanish
|Multi-language: English, French, German, Japanese, Italian and so on.
Total 30 languages to choose.
|Update||Via 32MB Software Card||can not update|
|Activation||no need active||yes|
|Advantage||cannot plug original software card, but can support original program||can support software from original factory|
|OS requirement||no need connect to the PC||Win XP only|
|Internet connection||no need connect to the PC||can not connect to the internet then install the software, because once connect internet, it will remind you update the software|
|Support Car Model||Cannot support truck, only for cars, Support all GM systems 1992 thru current year. such as GM/ SAAB/ OPEL/ SUZUKI/ ISUZU/HOLDEN||MDI can test all GM car from 1990-2012 year.|
|Support programing||support reprogramming, but need to use with TIS2000 together||support offline program,such as chevrolet,opel, but not for all cars